Enabling you to identify and mitigate the intrinsic risk in your operations, supply chains and business processes.
Evaluating how your products and services meet and exceed quality, safety, sustainability and performance standards.
Validating the specifications, value and safety of your raw materials, products and assets.
Growing craze for PC gaming and online PC gaming amongst teenagers and kids around the globe is giving rise to its related markets such as gaming devices, platforms and accessory components.
These components include gaming chairs which are in rising demand as these chairs give better gaming experiences with its specific and adjustment features. The global Gaming Chair market revenue was USD 65 Million in 2019, and will reach USD 89 Million in 2025, with a CAGR of 5.36% during 2020-2025.
The primary purpose of gaming chairs is to support a neutral sitting position overs long periods of sitting. Gaming chairs are usually equipped with lumbar support and head cushion to provide a comfortable gaming experience for players. A racing-style gaming chair comes with a padded bucket seat, high back, and backrest cushions. The cushions adjust to support the spine’s natural curves. Adjustable armrests provide extra spinal relief by absorbing the weight of the arms. The components that meet modern ergonomic standards support a healthy sitting posture.
Intertek offers a full range of testing capabilities to integrate safety and quality into a wide range of gaming chairs, including:
• Physical & mechanical test to address the strength, durability and stability of the chair by national standards ANSI BIFMA X5.1 / EN 1335 & EN 1022. The test includes, but is not limited to
- Seat and back strength and durability
- Tilt mechanism test
- Arm rest strength and durability
- Swivel test
- Caster/Chair Base Durability test
- Stability test
• Additional IN HOUSE performance test
Cycling test on reclining device
Strength test on headrest
Endurance test on articulating mount for keyboard/ monitor
Surface resistance test anti-staining
Corrosion resistance test on metal parts
• Safety and performance test on electrical appliances (e.g. Bluetooth, speaker, light effect…. etc)
Adding Value to Your Brand with Intertek Tick Mark
• Intertek's Tick Mark was designed to help manufacturers and retailers differentiate their products in the global marketplace while instilling confidence in the consumer that the products they purchase are safe and fit for use. The Intertek Tick Mark signifies that the product has been verified by an independent third-party testing facility and is applicable to national and international standards.
Need help or have a question?