Enabling you to identify and mitigate the intrinsic risk in your operations, supply chains and business processes.
Evaluating how your products and services meet and exceed quality, safety, sustainability and performance standards.
Validating the specifications, value and safety of your raw materials, products and assets.
When it’s freezing cold outside, nothing beats a good quality down jacket to keep you warm.
When it’s freezing cold outside, nothing beats a good quality down jacket to keep you warm. But do you know what features really matter when choosing a down jacket? Below are some general advices for you to consider:
1. Feather & down composition: Most down jacket is made of a combination of down and feathers. The higher percentage of down, the better. A good quality down jacket should have at least 80% down content.
2. Down Fill Powers: Down fill power evaluates the quality of a down product, as measured by the warmth-to-weight ratio. Most jackets will range from 550 to 850. The better the quality of down, the higher the fill power, jackets with a higher fill power tend to be lighter and more compressible.
3. Outer Material: Thin, light outer shell material is less bulky and more comfortable but more vulnerable to abrasions. A slightly heavier and thicker material will last far longer.
4. Waterproofness and Breathability: Outer material coated with a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating can offer some resistance to rain. It’s also important that the material is breathable allowing moisture and sweat to escape.
5. Fit : A down jacket should not be too fitted or too loose. You should allow for adding layers underneath but ensure it’s not too roomy as cold air could get in through the hem and arms.
For more information of Feather and Down Testing, please visit our website: http://www.intertek.com.hk/softlines/feather-down-testing/